POSITION: Quality Assurance Engineering
LOCATION: Los Angeles / West Hollywood, CA
REPORTING TO: CTO
THE COMPANY: NuORDER, Inc. (www.nuorder.com)
NuORDER is the fast-growing, venture-backed startup changing the way a $130 billion industry does business. An enterprise-class, wholesale e-commerce application for the fashion industry, NuORDER helps brands run their businesses in a smarter, smoother, more efficient way providing an innovative two-way sales solution and marketplace that allows brands and retailers to conduct their wholesale business online. Eliminating the need for pen and paper, the cloud-based platform empowers brands to sell more in less time and allows retailers to make purchases more effectively. In short, NuORDER is e-commerce for wholesale.
NuORDER is seeking a talented QA Automation Engineer. This person will join a fast-growing development team to advance the B2B e-commerce industry. The ideal candidate will be an engineer with strong communication skills who is passionate about QA and is able to work cross functionally with an integrated team of developers, product managers, product owners and system analysts for test planning, test development, and product validation.
- Define company’s Quality Assurance process
- Take ownership of test case suites for release, smoke, and regression testing.
- Design and implement QA automation infrastructure.
- Participate in product design planning meetings to help define requirements and use cases
- Help minimize, review, and isolate production defects. You have the ability to communicate with operations side of the business.
- Log and write clear defect reports. You have attention to detail and have worked with tracking tools such as Jira.
- Test web applications and mobile native apps
- Create manual and automated test case suites for release, smoke, and regression testing.
- Data validation for transaction, workflow, and reporting features.
EDUCATION: BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of experience testing or writing code, 2+ within an agile environment.
- Engineering experience – able to code, deep knowledge of a programming languages and/or scripts needed to expand the automation tools. Ability to write database queries.
- Experience with QA automation frameworks/tools (i.e. Selenium, Cucumber, Robot, Appium, etc.)
- Experience with unit, functional, regression, integration and performance testing. Black-Box Testing cross-browsers an mobile devices, creating functional, boundary, decision matrix, test cases, etc.
- Experience with web/mobile debugging and inspection tools (Firebug, Fiddler, Charles, etc).
- Experience writing documentation and compiling metrics (i.e. Test summaries and metric wrap-ups).
- Experience with project and defect tracking in a tool such as Jira.
- This is a full-time permanent position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including unlimited PTO.
- The opportunity to work with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team that is changing the way entire industries conduct business.